Liver Cancer TreatmentSend Inquiry
About Metastatic Liver Cancer
Did you know that the liver is not only the largest organ in the body, but also one of the most vital? Located below the right lung and divided into two lobes, the liver plays a crucial role in our overall health.
Liver metastases occur when cancerous tumors spread to the liver from other parts of the body. These tumors often appear shortly after a primary tumor develops, even months or years later.
Many cases of liver metastases actually originate from cancer in the colon or rectum. In fact, an astounding 70% of colon cancer patients eventually develop liver metastases. This is primarily because the blood from the intestines connects directly to the liver through the portal vein. It's important to note that liver metastases can also stem from other types of cancer, although they are less common. Breast, esophageal, stomach, pancreatic, lung, kidney, and even skin cancer can all potentially lead to the development of liver metastases.
Understanding the potential origins of liver metastases can help in early detection and treatment. If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with one of these types of cancer, it's crucial to be mindful of the possibility of liver involvement.
The Path of Progression in Metastatic Liver Disease
The progression of the metastatic liver is quite severe and abrupt that requires prompt treatment after the first diagnosis. If you experience any of these symptoms, please consult your physician right away.
- Jaundice: The enlarged liver blocks bile flow, resulting in dark urine, pale stools, and itchy skin. Immediate intervention is crucial.
- Delirium: Sleep patterns are disrupted, concentration becomes difficult, and amnesia may occur, possibly leading to coma. This stage requires attention and care.
- Severe Abdominal Pain: Tumor cells spread and destroy surrounding healthy tissue, causing organ damage and a swollen, hardened, and enlarged liver. Morphine is often prescribed to alleviate the severe pain.
- Ascites: Fluid accumulates in the abdomen, carrying cancer cells. Draining the fluid through the abdomen wall is the current standard of care.
Systemic Organ Malfunctions:
- Kidney Failure: Weight gain, swelling, and reduced urine output are noticeable.
- Lung Failure: Breathing becomes more challenging as the lungs fill with fluid.
- Brain Toxicity: Confusion, mood swings, impaired decision-making, drowsiness, and sluggish speech are observed.
- Overall Liver Failure: Nausea, vomiting, fatigue, loss of appetite, and easy bleeding occur due to the liver's inability to function properly.
Conventional Standard of Care Treatment Options
Treatments are based upon several determining factors; stage of cancer, primary cancers, other metastases, age of the patient, coexisting diseases, etc. For many, treatments are intended to relieve pain when absent the likelihood of a cure, with some treatments designed to slow tumor growth or more spreading of primary cancer.
Most treatments are systemic, wherein chemo medicines are given orally or IV to promote circulation throughout the body. Other more common treatments may include l) biologics, 2) radiation, 3) conventional surgery, or some combination thereof. Few liver cancers undergo surgery because of the late stage. However, when confined to a single lobe and no cirrhosis, jaundice, or ascites, is present, surgery is a possibility.
Experienced in Treating Metastatic Liver Cancer Patients Through Integrative and Alternative Cancer Treatment at ICCA Global
Cancer can be a devastating disease, especially when it affects the vital organs like the liver. Traditional cancer treatments like radiation and chemotherapy can be challenging and, in some cases, ineffective. They also often come with side effects that can weaken the patient's immune system and impact their overall well-being. Alternative therapies offer a way to combat tumor cells without depleting the patient's physical strength or immune system, making it easier to fight the disease.
ICCA physicians employ FivePoints Cancer Care™, a blend of conventional, complementary, alternative medicines, along with customized, multifactorial cancer protocols often unavailable to U.S./Canadian patients, which synergistically combine:
FivePOINTS Cancer Care™ consists of:
What We Do For You
At ICCA Global, we specialize in non-toxic and non-invasive cancer treatments that support the whole body while preserving and restoring quality of life:
When it comes to targeting tumors, we take extraordinary care to ensure that no harm comes to your delicate healthy tissues, such as the heart, lungs, lymph nodes, or any other affected organ.
Our cutting-edge FivePoints Cancer Care™ treatment program was formulated with 3 vital functions in mind, placing the patient at the center:
- Non-invasive treatment: We eliminate late-stage and recurrent cancers without the need for surgery or overwhelming chemotherapy, all while protecting surrounding vital organs and tissues.
- Preventing cancer spread: Our approach stops rogue cancer stem cells from spreading to other parts of the body, preventing future recurrence and metastasis.
- Strengthening the immune system: By enhancing immune cell response, we empower your body to identify and combat evasive cancer cells, putting a halt to tumor growth and potentially even reversing it.
Click here to learn more about how we treat cancer at ICCA Global.
How can we help? We're here to listen, hear your concerns and answer your questions.